Inclure un cadeau dans votre testament
We are so grateful that you are interested in leaving a bequest to ADRA Canada.
Including ADRA Canada in your will is one of the most significant things you can do to help those in poverty and distress. It is a simple action with a profound impact; an action that will change lives forever. We are honoured that you are considering this generous and truly meaningful gift.
There are many reasons that our donors choose to include ADRA Canada in their wills:
- Pour aider les autres à surmonter leurs circonstances
- Pour aider à donner dignité et espoir aux autres
- Pour quitter le monde un meilleur endroit
- Pour faire un cadeau qui ne serait pas possible durant la vie du donateur
- Pour profiter des avantages fiscaux de succession
To assist you in making a bequest, please view the sample phrases on our proposé sous forme de libellé de legs. We’ve also heard many questions about this process, and we wanted to share some answers with you:
When should I make a will?
Any time is a good time to make a will. Many people are more inclined to make a will after major life events such as getting married, having children, having grandchildren, the passing of a loved one, or upcoming travel.
Do I need a lawyer?
There are many reasons to engage the services of a lawyer when drafting your will:
- Pour fournir des conseils juridiques sur la façon la plus efficace de structurer un domaine
- Pour se assurer que la volonté est juridiquement valable
- Pour se assurer qu'il n'y ait pas de confusion à propos de vos dernières volontés
- Pour assurer que les bénéficiaires sont correctement nommés
Do I need ADRA Canada’s permission to include a bequest in my will?
- No, ADRA Canada is grateful for all bequests and there is no need to obtain our permission to make this gift.
Do I have to tell ADRA Canada that I have included them in my will?
- Your will is a very personal document, and we respect that. We appreciate knowing that you have made this very generous decision, as it allows us to thank you. However, it is your decision whether to inform us.
I don’t have a lot of money. Does it make a difference to ADRA Canada if I leave a small bequest?
- Yes it does. We are grateful for any gift. It may not seem like a lot, but your generosity enables a brighter future for the people that we help.
What if I need to change my will?
- You can change your will at any time.
Can I decide how my bequest will be used?
- ADRA Canada respects that our donors may wish to designate their funds. However, because our projects typically last for a few years at the most, we cannot guarantee that we will be able to honour a specific designation when the time comes for your bequest to be fulfilled. If not, we will honour the spirit of your bequest.
I already have a will. Do I need to create a new one?
- No, you may also make a legal amendment to your will. This is called a codicil, and is typically less costly than a complete redraft of your will.
If you have further questions, please contact Sharmilla Reid, Donor Relations Director at email@example.com or 1 (888) 274-2372, ext. 3107.
Thank you for considering ADRA Canada as a beneficiary of your will. Your generosity will help ensure the future or our mission.
For general information on the mutual benefits – to you and ADRA – of several other types of gifts, request a free copy of The Orchard: Leave a legacy – faire une différence par cliquant ici.