Ration Meal Challenge
How it works
Rice and Beans Recipe
1/3 cup of dried red beans
2/3 cups water
½ tsp vegetable oil
salt & pepper, to taste
½ cup of Rice
1 cup water
1. Soak the beans overnight in cold water; drain.
2. Cook the beans and onion in the water for at least 2 hours.
3. When beans are tender, mash them up with the oil. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
4. Bring the Rice and water to a boil. Reduce heat to Low and cook covered for 12 minutes.
5. Divide the Rice and beans into 3 portions. One for breakfast, one for lunch and one for dinner.